This device uses solar thermal energy to dry various products such as grapes, coccum, fish etc.
1) An insulated ‘wooden/metal’ box with a corrugated black heat collector plate and a glass cover.
2) A rack of aluminium to keep the products to be dried.
3) Perforations at the top and bottom on the opposite sides of the box to allow free passage of air.
1) The moist products are placed inside the solar drier.
2) The box is heated due to the solar heat collected and stored in the insulated box.
3) The heated air evaporates the moisture from the products, which escapes through the perforations, at the top.
4) The constant circulation of the heated air accelerates the drying of the products.